Madison Mud: Intermediate Session

For our second session at Madison Mud, we learned how to make sexy vases, nesting bowls, and lidded vessels. They switched up the teacher schedule for this round so we had Anthony, who is an amazing potter and a great teacher.
It was just as fun as the first session. The only real difference was that we now had to start paying firing fees. It forced us to be a bit more selective about our pieces.

I learned how to make a casserole dish, which was a lot of fun.
I also had an opportunity to reglaze a few of the pieces from the first session that I wasn't a fan of.
I made a bunch of blue and white pottery, which I really love. Eventually when I go back, I want to make more stuff in this theme. I'm thinking plates and serving dishes.

I think it's so much fun to make pottery, but it's extra awesome that this is art I can actually use on a day to day basis. If you have a chance to try it out, give it a go. You're going to love it.
xoxo.

Comments