36 Hours in CT: Seaside Sanatorium

Remember last month when I shared a post about a weekend in Connecticut? Well, I shared a few photos of our jaunt to the Seaside Sanatorium but I have a bunch more. I've edited them with a sepia filter and edited it to make them super creepy. And since Halloween is right around the corner, I thought it would be so much fun to share these.

The Sanatorium was originally built as a place to treat children with tuberculosis. Then, at some point, it became a home for the elderly and then a place to treat the mentally disabled. At some point, it was a well-known fact that the patients were being abused so it was shut down. It's been closed for about twenty years and the entrances and windows are boarded up. There's a super creepy looking playground with overgrown weeds and some of the windows are broken so you can see inside.
I was hoping to capture some orbs in my photos but we didn't actually go inside. We watched some teenagers make their way inside (by climbing in from the perimeter balcony) but to be perfectly honest, I was too scared. Plus, the structural integrity is probably pretty questionable at this point so it didn't seem v. safe. (Or at least that's just an extra excuse I'm spewing to mask my cowardice.)


Hey, Ryan Murphy, how about American Horror Story: Sanatorium? It has a nice ring to it, right?


xoxo.

Comments