Trip Planning: Road Trip Through France

For my next grand trip, I've decided that I want to do a road trip through France. I haven't started doing any actual planning; so far I've just been doing lots of researching and reading. I've been taking notes on my Google Docs account so that I can add to it any time I get some inspiration.

Here's a list of areas I'd love to definitely visit during this trip:
  • Annecy because it is so picturesque with its waterways and I want to see the Palais de L'Isle;
  • Rocamadour because it's a cliffside town and it looks beautiful in photos;
  • The Loire Valley because of all the castles and nature and history;
  • Normandy, more specifically, Mont Saint-Michel;
  • Anywhere in Provence, to hang out on the Mediterranean and get genuine herbes de Provence and maybe see some flamingos (in the Camargue); and
  • Bordeaux for the wine - the experience of being in the vineyards as well as the drinking of.
There are so many more places I'd like to go but these are some of the top priorities. I'd only be able to go for about 9 or 10 days and I have my reservations about driving in a foreign country, but I'm pretty excited to plan out an itinerary, find some of the cutest lodging spots ever, and stuff my face full of baguettes and brie.

I'm also considering taking a train. I'm not sure! I'd love for this holiday to be a nice mix of relaxation, intense French culture immersion, and a never ending feast of amazing bread, wine, and cheese.

As I learn more, I'll keep sharing here. I'm pretty excited and I haven't even bought tickets yet.

Yeep!

Comments