Camera Update!



In anticipation of my trip to Belize, I've made a list of things I'm going to need; things like bug spray, new snorkels, etc. But, the biggest thing on my list was a new lens for my new camera. I wanted something that would be functional and practical but most of all, portable. The kit I bought came with an 18-55mm lens. The other choice was to purchase both an 18-55mm lens and a 55-210mm lens, and I thought that was totally superfluous - what am I, a paparazzo? Anyway, the 18-55mm lens is awesome and it gets the job done BUT it's quite large, especially compared to the camera body.
So, I ended up purchasing a 16mm wide angle lens which has a larger aperture than the 18-55mm but is quite tiny and will make the camera small enough to fit in a pocket.

Also, I figure I'll need a backup battery for all-day trips (like to Altun Ha or any of the other ancient ruin sites) so I bought one that comes with an actual charger. The 5R kit I purchased didn't come with a charger; you just plug in the camera to charge it.
I haven't actually received either of these yet, as I've only just placed the order a couple days ago, but I was too excited not to share. I expect both to be quite nice, as I read countless reviews before taking the plunge, so I'll only update if I have negative feedback.

Happy Friday!

Comments