Holiday Ideas

So I am just itching to go somewhere! I have 25 vacation days to use up this year and my office has just declared that the policy is going to be "use it or lose it" from now on. I am not one to waste, especially vacation time, so I am all fired up to go somewhere. It's been 2 months since my last holiday and I don't have any concrete plans on the horizon, just ideas.

My cousin and her husband moved to Texas over a year ago and I have yet to visit them so that's probably #1 on my list right now. I've never been to that area of the US so I think it'll be a fun trip. She's warned me not to come in the summer time though, as the heat is unbearable, so I'm thinking sometime in the spring will be lovely.

I'd also love to take my family on some amazing trip this summer. I really want to go somewhere that has great snorkeling AND great hiking AND interesting sightseeing. Bali is pretty high up on my list, but flights out there are quite expensive in the summer ($1500+ RT), since their tourist season is from April to September. Belize and Jost Van Dyke (British Virgin Islands) are also two places that fit the criteria as well and flights to that part of the world are around $600 to $700 in the summer. However, Jost Van Dyke can only be reached by sea (after flying to a nearby island).

I really really really have my heart set on Bali though. I'm wondering if I can make it a 2-week trip and also go to Australia and/or New Zealand (though, it'll be winter there). It looks like August has some of the cheapest prices:
My fingers are crossed that my tax refund is nice and hefty this year so I can have lots of fun in lovely far off destinations!

Comments