Snorkeling Tools

Snorkeling is one of my most favorite activities ever. You burn a few calories while getting in tune with nature and if you're snorkeling in a good spot, you'll see a lot of cool stuff.

It's a good idea to bring an underwater camera, if you can, because you're going to see a lot of cool stuff and capturing it in a photo will help you reminisce in the future.

As I mentioned before, I bought a bunch of stuff for my trip to Provo and it was definitely worth it.

I used my iPhone in its underwater case a LOT. The case itself was sturdy, durable, and 100% waterproof. My phone is still in tact, functional, and fine. I 100% recommend this underwater case. I haven't developed the photos from the disposable camera yet so no reviews there but I promise I will do that soon.

At first, I had a bit of difficulty because the touchscreen was unresponsive underwater sometimes and sometimes it was too sensitive. After a few tries, I found that the GorillaCam app was easiest to use and I abandoned the default camera app altogether (except to take videos). And of course, it's free!

GorillaCam was the better camera app because I could set the self-timer and do a three-shot burst. This way, I'd hit the camera button above water where the touchscreen sensitivity was always normal and then go underwater to get the shot. The three shot burst meant that if my hand wasn't as steady, I had three chances to get a decent photo. You can also set the "Press Anywhere" option which means you don't have to hit that little center button to snap a photo. You can tap any part of the screen to snap a photo, which is pretty helpful when waves are swishing you around.

I'll review the Provo snorkeling spots in the next few posts. Here's a teaser photo, taken with my iPhone.

Comments