Girly Post: leopard print nails

I like to plan a "pre-holiday beauty regimen" before I travel anywhere special. One of the things I like to do is pamper myself, which I mentioned in a post a few months ago: spa day at home for under $10.

I love doing my nails, not only because I think it looks nice and makes you look put together, but it's fun too. Usually when I go on holiday, I try to do my nails in a neutral color that won't look horrendous if and when it starts to chip because I usually don't make room in my luggage for nail polish. That's especially true if I'm flying since real estate in my liquids bag is always at a premium and I am a stickler for applying both a base coat and a top coat in addition to the color. However, once in a blue moon, I'll be in the mood to do something kind of special.

Here's an effect that I think would look great if I were going on a safari or maybe to Russia: leopard print nails.

Here's how you do it:









I prefer to do complementary colors for the base color and the splotches because I think the contrast makes the print look bold and crisp. However, feel free to use whatever color scheme you prefer. The outlining doesn't necessarily have to be black but a dark color is preferable. There's really no need to be precise. I think the messier it is, the more natural it looks. And if you notice, I didn't do it on all of my nails - why? Apparently it's a big trend this season to be a bit random with your nail colors so I figured, why not do the same with the print?

I'm not 100% sure that I'll be doing this particular scheme for my Istanbul trip yet. I might come up with a new idea before then.

Comments

  1. Love it!!! I did Sally Hansen salon nail effects leopard print for my Ibiza trip (so hot!! And easy, about $10 and you just stick them on but I love your manual method too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Much easier! Leopard suits Ibiza so well.
    I've seen ppl do some extreme stuff - like using that orange netting stuff on top clementine boxes as a stencil to make snakeskin print. It's hard for me though because my nails are so small! I can barely fit a design on there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment